Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Seeking past Region D tourney info

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    Ok. I knew it was one year I was in school or right after. I thought it was 98-99 season when I was a senior, along with Julius.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    yeah the finals was haysi vs pv. Kory Bostic took the game over, nobody from haysi could make a shot, then julius had a shot at the buzzer to win it, it rolled around the rim and out. He ripped off his jersey lol.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    I remember PV making it to the quarters that year. I had watched, I believe that same year, one of the best high school games I have seen betweent PV and GC. It was at PV early in the season, and of course earlier for PV due to the state finals. It went to 3 OT's if I am not mistaken, with McCoy hitting a shot at half court to send it to the last OT. Then GC finally spread things out in that OT to win it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #14
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    1998 - nothing (played at Clintwood?)
    Pound, Powell Valley, Haysi, PV and Haysi in the finals, Haysi winning
    1999 - TS, Pound, Clintwood (Pound/Clintwood final?) (played at Castlewood?)
    Pound won, Council, Honaker, Castlewood

  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    "89 was Haysi, Burton, Kelly, Ervinton, Thomas Walker, and ... at Clincho. Burton beat Haysi in the finals"

    This regional field actually took place in '90 rather than '89 in Clinchco. The other team not mentioned was Garden. The '89 tourney was at Appalachia.

    The '91 tourney was at Garden H.S. with St. Paul, Rye Cove, Honaker, Haysi, Kelly and Burton. Haysi beat Rye Cove in the finals.


  6. #16
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    Thanks for that BGJ. I had just tried posting to check out which year exactly RC was defeated in the regional finals, but the computer locked up on here, and I didn't know the post had not gone through.

    RC went on to get creamed by Cumberland at state that year. I think the score was like 60-9 at halftime. RC wasn't too bad either with Jason Bishop, Tony Love, and Danny Walker.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #17
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    Julius threw his jersey after the district tourny in 99 and it wrapped around my head. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    1977

    J.J. Kelly defeated Twin Springs
    Pennington defeated Whitewood

    J.J. Kelly defeated Honaker
    Powell Valley defeated Pennington

    J.J. Kelly defeated Powell Valley 53-51 for the championship.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    [ QUOTE ]
    1977

    J.J. Kelly defeated Twin Springs
    Pennington defeated Whitewood

    J.J. Kelly defeated Honaker
    Powell Valley defeated Pennington

    J.J. Kelly defeated Powell Valley 53-51 for the championship.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Wise lost in the state finals that year, didn't they?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member titans_1_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Seeking past Region D tourney info

    How bad did jj kelly beat ts in 77.. i didnt know ts made it that year..Was that when Steve Niece played?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •